Ruth’s particular strengths are: leadership & innovation; communication skills & writing; analytical skills; teamwork & cooperation; dependability; organizational skills; project management; member relations.– Former manager at Exponent Philanthropy
Philanthropy Support Organizations (PSOs): Overview of Services
With 25 years’ experience in the nonprofit sector, working with hundreds of private foundations, over a decade of which were at membership association and PSO Exponent Philanthropy, I understand the dynamics, role, and stressors at play in the sector – including funder networks, affinity groups, regional associations, nonprofit policy organizations, and nonprofit infrastructure organizations.
During my tenure on senior staff at Exponent Philanthropy, I served as knowledge lead in their Tax & Legal, Boards & Governance, and Administration topic areas, and was actively engaged in the Grantmaking topic areas – creating and updating content, designing highly-rated sessions, and answering member questions as part of our Q&A service. I managed the annual member surveys and reports, from creating the surveys through publication of the reports. I also spoke regularly at our conferences, earning a cumulative speaker rating of 4.5 (on a 1 to 5 scale).
If we work together, I will:
- Bring experience but approach with an attitude of learning
- Listen carefully
- Be a great team player
- Provide results that are aligned with your mission
Sample projects that I can do for your PSO include:
- Writing educational/content pieces such as blog posts and white papers
- Conducting or supporting member surveys and data reports
- Session, webinar, or seminar design and content
- Services for your members, including board self-assessments, grantee perception assessments, meeting facilitation
- Project management or support
- “Extra pair of hands” – any time your staff is stretched to capacity or someone is on vacation
Give me a call – I’m happy to chat and learn about your needs and interests.