While just ‘covering’ she (almost magically) put systems in place. We had to keep her on. Ruth has a passion for and deep knowledge of the nonprofit sector. The work Ruth produces is creative within the voice of our workplace. She is outcome-oriented and accomplishes a shocking amount in a day.– Former colleague
Nonprofits: Overview of Services
With 25 years’ experience in the nonprofit sector, I’ve been in almost every role imaginable – I’ve managed programs, operations, human resources, and volunteers, and I have 5 years’ experience managing a membership program, writing direct mail appeals and tracking responses. I’ve served as Executive Director and as Office Manager, managed an office move, designed a database, and managed database conversions. I’ve done bookkeeping and payroll, I’ve covered phones, and I’ve been on boards as board member and as an officer.
In other words, I get it.
There is a lot to do, and not enough hours in a day.
It would be my pleasure to assist you and your organization so that you can be more successful in fulfilling your mission – and remaining sane in the process.
If we work together, I will:
- Bring my knowledge and experience, but approach with an attitude of service and curiosity
- Listen carefully and work hard
- Provide results that move your organization forward
Sample projects that I can do for your organization include:
- Starting up – full formation and exemption
- Prospect research – given a list of names in your database, I can research and rank major donor outreach prospects
- Writing communications to get your message out
- Board trainings and discussions around strategy
- Database selection and/or conversion oversight
- “Extra pair of hands” – any time your staff is stretched to capacity, someone is on vacation, or a key position is unfilled
If you’re curious or have questions about working with me, please reach out for a conversation. I’m happy to give you a free consultation to discuss your needs and answer your questions.